Blackface Champ Specifications
- Make: Fender
- Model: Champ AA764 circuit
- Year: 1966
- Configuration: 6 watt 1 x 8″ combo amp
- Tube Chart: PK, November 1966
- Power Transformer: -606-6-14, Schumacher 14th week of 1966
- Output Transformer: -606-6-38, Schumacher 38th week of 1966
- Speaker: 465-618, Oxford, 18th week of 1966
- Accessories: printed circuit diagram in envelope
Vintage Fender Champ Amplifier
Just back from the amp tech, this 1966 Champ has been professionally serviced and is ready to jam. If you need vintage tube tone at low volumes, look no further. Maintenance work included a grounded 3 prong plug, some capacitors, and reconing the speaker.
The power and rectifier tubes are vintage RCA parts with the 1970’s era logo, and the Telefunken 12AX7 is likely original to the amplifier. You’ll notice some corrosion on the speaker basket but it works great after the recone. Both power and output transformers are the original Schumacher units and you also get the Fender Champ AA764 circuit diagram in the original envelope.