Brown Fender Deluxe Specifications
- Make: Fender
- Model: Deluxe Amp 6G3 circuit
- Year: 1963
- Configuration: 20 watt 1 x 12″ combo amp
- Power Transformer: 606235, Schumacher 35th week of 1962
- Output Transformer: 606243, Schumacher 43rd week of 1962
- Speaker: 465-206, replacement Oxford from 6th week of 1962
- Tube Chart: MB, February 1963
- Accessories: faux leather dust cover, reproduction foot swith
Classic Brownface-Era Overdrive Tone
The brown tolex Deluxe has emerged as one of the most in-demand vintage amplifier models. The reliable and durable 6G3 circuit delivers haunting clean tones, signature distortion and deep tremolo. The short production run coincided with the classic years of Fender’s pre-CBS era. The 6G3 Deluxe pairs perfectly with any vintage Fender guitar.
The tube chart stamp “MB” dates this brownface Deluxe to February 1963, and the original Schumacher transformers date to late 1962 as you would expect. The 12″ Oxford speaker has been reconed and dates to 1962 but is not original to this amplifier. The speaker is slightly underpowered so the natural sustained overdrive flows effortlessly from the amp even at low volume.
Recent light maintenance work included a three prong plug, several new capacitors, and a replica leather handle. The rectifier and power tubes are modern replacements but the original RCA tubes are included. Your purchase also includes the brown faux leather dust cover and a reproduction single button brown foot switch to activate the tremolo.