Brown Fender Princeton 6G2 Details
- Make: Fender
- Model: Princeton 6G2 circuit
- Year: 1962
- Configuration: 12 watt 1 x 10″ combo amp
- Power Transformer: 606213, 13th week of 1962
- Output Transformer: 606213, 13h week of 1962
- Oxford 10J4 Speaker: 465-214, 14th week of 1962
- Tube Chart: stamp “LF”, June 1962
- Accessories: reproduction brown foot switch, modern black dust cover
Fully Serviced Brownface Princeton
The initial inspection confirmed that this June 1962 Fender Princeton still had its original transformers and 10J4 Oxford speaker. The amp had never been worked on, but unlike the unserviced survivor 6G2 Princeton we currently have for sale, this Princeton needed some maintenance work to perform reliably and sound great. Our amplifier tech installed an antique style 3 prong grounded plug, a few capacitors, a replica leather handle and replaced the original Sylvania 6V6 tubes with modern equivalents. The remaining tubes appear original and the replaced components are included with the amplifier.
Your purchase also includes a reproduction brown foot switch to control the tremolo effect, and a modern black Fender dust cover. The photos show one snag in the original grille cloth and a few scattered stains on the original brown tolex. This Princeton looks clean and correct, and the tone of the legendary 6G2 circuit lives up to its reputation.