Pre-CBS Fender Princeton Amp Details
- Make: Fender
- Model: Princeton AA964 Circuit
- Year: 1965
- Configuration: 12 watt 1 x 10″ combo amp
- Serial Number: A04702
- Cosmetics: black faceplate, black tolex
- Power Transformer: -606-5-14, Schumacher 14th week of 1965
- Output Transformer: -606-5-02, Schumacher 2nd week of 1965
- Speaker: 465-513, Oxford 13th week of 1965
- Tube Chart: stamp “OD”, April 1965
- Accessories: reproduction foot switch and dust cover
Collector Grade Vintage Fender Princeton
The tube chart stamp of OD dates this Fender Princeton Amp to April of 1965. It was made early enough in that year to still have the pre-CBS “Fender Electric Instrument Co” inscription on the black faceplate. Fender had just started to add the metal logo badge to the grille cloth. This vintage Princeton combo amp has survived the decades in exceptional condition and still has its original transformers and original Oxford 10J4 speaker.
Under the hood you will see a full set of original RCA, Mullard and Amperex tubes still in the amp – they contribute to the amazing sound. Our amp tech recently performed maintenance work including a grounded 3 prong plug, new cap can and a few replacement caps and resistors. The amp includes a nice modern dust cover and a recent single button foot switch to turn the tremolo effect on and off. If you’re after a small combo for home use or recording, this pristine Fender Princeton Amp is sure to satisfy the most demanding player and collector.