Fender Vibroverb Amp Details
- Make: Fender
- Model: Vibroverb Amp
- Year: 1964
- Configuration: 1 x 15″ tube combo amplifier
- Power Transformer: 606415, Schumacher 15th week of 1964
- Output Transformer: 606415, Schumacher 15th week of 1964
- Choke: -606-4-08, Schumacher 8th week of 1964
- Reverb Transformer: 606-4-20, Schumacher 20th week of 1964
- Speaker: 465-402, Oxford, 2nd week of 1964
- Tube Chart: NF, June 1964
- Accessories: original Fender foot switch
Pre-CBS Blackface Vibroverb Amp
The blackface Fender Vibroverb Amp lasted only one year in production and remains a legendary and rare vintage amplifier today. This 1964 Vibroverb features the most desirable configuration with single 15″ speaker, made famous by Stevie Ray Vaughan. Fender manufactured it just a few hundred serial numbers after SRV’s 1964 Vibroverb serial number A02238.
All transformers and the speaker are original with the date codes listed above and shown in the photos. Original Fender tilt back legs and Pre-CBS FEIC faceplate. Overall very good condition with light wear and a couple of snags in the grille cloth. One tiny scrap of tolex (about 1/2″ by 1/2″) added to cover a bare spot on the cabinet. Fully serviced with capacitors, 3 prong plug, and some new tubes. The reverb and tremolo effects work perfectly, and can be controlled with the included vintage Fender footswitch. The tone is everything you would expect and sure to please the most demanding musician.