Narrow Panel Tweed Princeton Details
- Make: Fender
- Model: Princeton 5F2-A
- Year: 1960
- Configuration: 1 x 8″ tube combo amp
- Serial Number: P04772
- Power Transformer: 606007, Schumacher 7th week of 1960
- Output Transformer: original plastic bobbin with 107 stamp on frame
- Speaker: 465-919, Oxford 19th week of 1959
- Tube Chart: JC, stamped March 1960
- Accessories: reproduction Victoria Luggage canvas cover
Fully Serviced Vintage Tweed with Cover
Fender evolved their Princeton amplifier design over the model’s long history, and this tweed narrow panel 5F2-A Princeton is my favorite version. The small speaker in a large cabinet formula delivers delicious tone with crunch, perfect for recording classic rock and blues. Fender made the Princeton in much smaller quantities than the student-grade Champ, and it offers more tonal flexibility along with a dedicated on/off switch and tone control.
This narrow panel Princeton still has the original transformers and speaker, plus vintage RCA & GE tubes. The original tweed covering shows some wear for a sweet vintage look. The chrome faceplate is still shiny with just a bit of corrosion. My amp tech just completed a vintage-sensitive maintenance to preserve the look and sound. New capacitors were installed inside the jackets of the old caps, with a replica leather handle and grey grounded 3 prong plug. The original parts are included along with a reproduction Victoria Luggage canvas dust cover.